25 July 2007

About the Name

I've had a couple of inquiries about the "opioid" in the framework name, so I just wanted to make it clear that it is not meant to be a pro-drugs statement or anything like that. It's a bit of an unfortunate choice from a marketing perspective, but the link to gaming in this case is that endorphin is a natural opioid (and Endorphin2D would've been a clumsy name for a framework).

(EDIT: actually, the wikipedia link doesn't currently explain the connection all that well, since it doesn't mention the supposed connection between endorphins and feelings of pleasure and euphoria.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chaz said...

That explains a whole lot. I was kinda weary about the name but I don't mind it much now.

25 July, 2007 22:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, for some people game developing is as addictive as opioid!

26 July, 2007 00:39  
Blogger gbarber said...

Off topic, but are you going to get trac & svn back online soon? I'd like to make some patches/contributions.

07 August, 2007 09:43  
Blogger shang said...

gbarber: Sorry for the late reply, I was on a vacation trip for the past week.

The server that hosts my TRAC/SVN seems to have gone completely missing (again) during my vacation. I can't even connect to it using SSH. I mailed the support staff and will incidentally start looking for another hosting service.

11 August, 2007 20:47  
Anonymous Krista M said...

Thaanks for this blog post

05 June, 2022 22:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home