14 April 2007

All Project TRACs Down

I started having trouble with my TRAC installation a couple of days ago, as the TRAC server seemed to hang and eventually get killed by the operating system. I tried to remedy this by upgrading my TRAC and Subversion packages, as they were rather old, but that ended up breaking everything and now the whole TRAC just segfaults for all page requests. After several hours of frustrating trial and error, I've narrowed the problem down to libsqlite3. I've tried different versions. I've tried compiling from source and using stable .debs from apt-get. Nothing helps.

I've pretty much exhausted all my Linux knowledge at this point, so the TRAC probably won't return any time soon. I'll need to figure out a good alternative way to provide the library documentation in the future.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chaz said...

Hey, are you still working on this? My friends and I are very interested in this project, but without documentation it could be kinda difficult.

If you need some more Linux knowledge, I'm a super Linux nerd...

07 May, 2007 04:47  
Blogger shang said...

I'm still working on it. I've had a very hectic period at work again, so home projects have been in the background.

I'll try to get at least a basic version of the pages up this week.

Meanwhile, you can download the source release and take a look at the examples and test scripts, as well as the Python source of the framework itself.

09 May, 2007 16:46  
Blogger Chaz said...

Thank you very much. This is good to know! I'll wait as long as I need to.

12 May, 2007 05:32  
Blogger Chaz said...

Sorry for posting again so soon, but...

Did you ever think of putting this on sourceforge.net? It would probably fit in well there and you could have a page for documentation and cvs or svn of your code. Not only that, but you could get help and support from the community and bug reports and all that nice stuff.

12 May, 2007 05:39  
Blogger Chaz said...

If you want my opinion on how to provide documentation, by the way, you could always use a wiki... pbWiki and mediawiki come to mind.

16 May, 2007 18:02  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, this looks cool!

Do you have any simple code examples on how to use it?

17 May, 2007 09:05  
Blogger shang said...

@chaz: I like wikis too. That was the original reason why I started using TRAC for the project pages. That was also the reason why I opted to host the stuff myself instead of using sourceforge. Maybe it's possible to use TRAC with sf.net hosting nowadays, I haven't checked in a while.

17 May, 2007 13:11  
Blogger shang said...

@drk421: If you download the source package, there are a couple of simple game examples and small test scripts.

17 May, 2007 13:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home